Sunday, September 23, 2007

Fall Into Reading 2007




Katrina over at Callapidder Days is hosting a fall reading challenge. I enjoyed Karlene's so much, I decided to do this one too, and if you're interested, you can head over and sign up as well. She's giving away free books -- this is a good thing!

Here is my list of books to read this fall. A lot of these have been on my shelf forever, and I just haven't gotten around to them yet. This fall will be the time for me to do it up right!

1. Brave Men, Gentle Heroes -- Michael Takiff (this one's a chunkster -- may take me most of the fall to finish it)

2. Skeleton Man -- Tony Hillerman

3. Until Proven Guilty -- Betsy Brannon Green

4. Meet Your Match -- Stephanie Fowers

5. Real Boys -- William Pollack

6. Parenting with Love -- Glenn Latham

7. Song in a Weary Throat -- Pauli Murray (another chunkster)

8. No Price Too High -- Madeleine A. Polland

9. To Dream Anew -- Tracie Peterson

10. Jud's Journey -- Fay Waldemar McCracken

11. Copycat -- Betsy Brannon Green

12. Pages from the Past -- JoAnn Arnold

I will update my progress and give you links to the reviews I do on Families.com.

8 comments:

Karlene said...

I just added my list to her Mr. Linky. I only have five books on my list right now because I'm 2,000 miles away from my bookcase. :)

This really is a lot of fun. I'm glad you're doing it too.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

You will love Parenting With Love! Dr. Latham has some of the best parenting books available, other goods ones of his are Christlike Parenting, and the Power of Positive Parenting (a more specific, workbook style manual). My BIL was a friend & colleague of Dr. Latham prior to his death, and I'm so grateful to reap the benefits (free books from my BIL) to become a better mama!

Tristi Pinkston said...

I figure we need all the love we can get around our house, Jen. :)

Andi said...

Song in a Weary Throat sounds interesting....at least the title anyway.

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Looks like you have some good reading lined up for this fall! My husband is a huge Tony Hillerman fan, so his books always seem to be floating around our house. Thanks for being part of the challenge!

Also, I wanted to let you know -- I'll probably set up a separate post with a Mr. Linky where participants can link to their reviews and/or thoughts on the books they read. It will, of course, be completely voluntary, but I think people might enjoy that.

Miss Kerri said...

Looks like a great list, Tristi!

Montserrat said...

Song in a Weary Throat sounds really interesting to me as well. Can't wait to read your review of it!

Deena Peterson said...

I'm intrigued by all of your chosen titles:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...