Thursday, December 21, 2006

All I Want For Christmas . . .

When my husband and I started to discuss what we wanted for Christmas this year, I really had to think about it for a minute, and you know what I discovered? I already have everything I want.

1. A house. I have been asking for a house for Christmas for years, and this year, I got one. It's not the house yet -- the house will have about six bedrooms, a family room, and an office area for me. But it's a darling house and I love it, and it's mine.

2. Financial freedom. Okay, I don't have that yet, but I do have all my bills outlined. I know how much I owe, and when they're due. I have a chart so I know when each one of them will be paid off. It's a process, for sure, but at the end is financial freedom. If it were to suddenly appear out of thin air, I don't think I'd appreciate it as much as I do going through the process.

3. Health and strength. All my life I've been a tad on the sickly side, and I have longed for better health. For the last few months I've been making some strides in that area, and my energy is up and I have the motivation to do more. Again, it's a process, and I'm delighted to be going through it.

4. An eternal family. This one's the biggie -- what is all of it for if you don't have your family forever? I may not have it yet, but I have the makings. My husband and I were married in the temple, which is the first step, and over eleven years of marriage we've had ups and downs, but we have consistently worked toward solving differences and becoming united. Our children are slowly but surely learning what it means to be a part of an eternal family as we deal with fighting and other things that come up. No, we're not there yet, but we are on the right path as long as we keep trying.

So, thanks, but no thanks, Santa. I have everything I want for Christmas. At least, I have the beginnings, and I wouldn't fast forward to the end for anything. The ride is too much fun.

3 comments:

W.L.Elliott said...

AMEN!

Anonymous said...

I love your priorities, Tristi!

Jewel

Anonymous said...

Well said, Tristi;
Where you are and what you're striving for is great! Keep on keeping on.

Hugs, Sherry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...