Monday, December 18, 2006

Editing, Editing, Now We Go . . .

I would like to offer some practical advice along the lines of editing, and I think the best way to do that would be to do a show-and-tell of sorts. I'm asking you to ask you to send me about 400 words, in fiction or nonfiction format, and I'll take you through a step-by-step on how to edit it. Now, don't send me anything that you're vastly emotionally attached to, because if I make a comment that rubs you the wrong way, you'll never want to speak to me again and that would be dreadful.

You can send as many 400 word chunks as you like, although I do draw the line at sending me your whole manuscript in hopes of getting a free edit. I do edit, but not for free.

So send them on over, folks! You can either leave them in the comment trail or send them to tap@tristipinkston.com.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...