Today I’m participating in a bucket list blog hop sponsored by Swim - Write - Run. We've each been asked to post our list of things we’d like to do before we kick the bucket. This was a fun list to construct - it got me thinking.
1. I got to go to Russia when I was 15, and I’d love the chance to go back there.
2. I’d love to travel all over Europe and see the castles of England, Germany, and Switzerland.
3. I want to take singing lessons.
4. I want to hit #1 on the bestseller’s list for my regional market with my novels and stay there consistently.
5. Don’t laugh – I want to learn how to milk a cow. Don’t laugh again – I also want to learn how to ride a horse.
You know, I’ve come to a realization while making this list. I’m already pretty content with my life. I’ve had opportunities to do some amazing things, I have a fantastic husband and awesome kids, and I have my dream career – okay, it’s still fledgling, but it’s growing all the time. Right now I have the seeds for the things I most really, really want in life. The other dreams I have are all a lot of fun, but the most important ones are in some way already in progress, and I feel so blessed because of that. I think I need to remember that whenever I start to feel grumpy about the things I don’t have or the ways I wish things were different.
What about you? What are some things on your bucket list, and what are some dreams you have that have already come true?
If you'd like to visit the others who are participating in this blog festival, click this link to see the full list.