Thursday, July 08, 2010

My Honey Loves Me!

My kitchen window faces full west. In the evening, the sun cuts through like a laser and bores holes in the back of my brain. (Disclaimer: I'm sensitive to light.) Making dinner has become a total chore. (Maybe that's why I avoid it as much as possible.) But I live in a trailer, and the stores I frequent the most often (read: Walmart) don't carry blinds this size. I haven't had time to go on a full-scale hunt to find the right size, and so I've been suffering, but not in silence - very, very loudly.

Finally, last week I decided to just find some dang blinds, already. I went online and found Blinds Galore, a place that customs blinds to your exact specifications. I measured, I ordered, I paid a really reasonable amount, and the blinds came today.

Now, what does this have to do with my husband loving me?

Check this out.This is husband, literally sitting in the kitchen sink so he can reach the window casing.
This is husband literally doing a back bend so he can put the drill in the right place.This is husband expressing absolute glee at helping me.A studly picture of husband blowing smoke off the drill.

And not only that, but he gave me permission to take pictures and blog about it! He really does love me!

Note: Husband does have a name. His name is Matt, or, after that feat, Matt the Mighty. But I thought it sounded more dramatic to call him husband. And we all know that when it comes to blogging, the more drama, the better.

10 comments:

Jen said...

Awwwww! 3 Cheers for Matt! Hip hip!

Amanda Washington said...

To bad husband's name doesn't start with a d. He looks more like a Dexter the Drill Sergeant in that last picture.

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Ooh yeah - sexy man with a drill (uh, that was my hubby last weekend . . . and hopefully this weekend too!) Congrats on the window blinds. I always hated that window in the summer. Unfortunately, I have another one like it here in KS. Send me that website. I want some blinds, too!

Jenna said...

What a guy!

Unknown said...

Let's hear it for manly men who do manly man things! Beyond awesome!

Heather Moore said...

is he for hire? need several blinds replaced . . . :)

mormonhermitmom said...

I love my handyman too!

Angie said...

You are clearly loved! Hooray for great husbands.

Debs said...

LOL
you are so cool.......as is your hubby... :)

nothing like having a man around the house when you need one! ;)

debs xx

Jewel Allen said...

Tristi, you and your hubby are so cute :-). Love that smoking drill photo!

I agree, when my hubby does a chore for me, I think it can be so romantic ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...