Josi just tagged me -- here we go!
1. List 12 random things about yourself that have to do with Christmas
2. Please refer to it as a 'hoopla' and not the dreaded 'm'-word (Josi doesn't even know what the m-word is but she's trying really hard to think of all the dirty words that start with M that she's ever heard. Tristi thinks the "m" word is Meme.)
3. You have to specifically tag people when you're done. None of this "if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged" stuff is allowed...then nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people who you tag is really up to you -- but the more, the merrier to get this 'hoopla' circulating through the blogosphere.
4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it and I'd like to get as many people involved as possible.
And we're off . . .
1. Unlike Josi, I can spot Bing Crosby from a million miles away. I can also identify Nat King Cole, Johnny Mathis, and the Andrews Sisters. I'm just good that way.
2. Christmas night, I like to go to Amazon.com and order myself just one small thing that I really, really like -- I just never seem to get quite what I want. However, this year, maybe things will be different. I told my husband to get my Christmas presents off my Amazon.com wishlist this year.
3. I want to strangle all the Salvation Army volunteers with their annoying bells. Honestly, I would know they were there even without the bell, and I'd be a lot more likely to donate if they hadn't given me a migraine first.
4. I have gift guilt every year. I go through and count my kids' presents and make sure they have "enough" and then I feel bad that I'm not giving them more, even though I know full well that they don't need more and that more would be bad for them.
5. I love turning off all the lights except for the tree and just staring at it. Sort of a nice trance it puts me into.
6. I'm not really feeling Christmasy yet -- I've been too busy with other things. But by Jove, as soon as I'm done with this hoopla, I'm going to put on some Christmas music and there will be joy and rejoicing at my house.
7. I love finding just the right gift for someone, and if they don't think it's the perfect gift for them, it's because they're dumb.
8. We don't have Santa at our house. We have some Santa decorations, etc, but my kids know he's just pretend.
9. Item #9 has garnered me much disapproval. I don't care.
10. I like having lots of different kinds of wrapping paper. I get it for .99 at the grocery store and won't pay $5 a roll for it -- and we have lots of great variety in our presents.
11. My presents are currently stacked in my bathtub. I don't have a lot of room to put them, and we can't put them under the tree -- prying eyes, you know. Plus the three-year-old thinks it's still his birthday and tries to open them. So we bring them all out after the kids are down on Christmas Eve.
12. Every Christmas Eve, we read the Christmas story out of the New Testament and Book of Mormon. It absolutely has to happen -- we don't do anything until that's done.
Okay, I'm now supposed to tag some people and encourage them to do it as fast as possible. Stephanie, Jen, Karlene -- have at it.