Monday, July 23, 2007

Children -- the Great Equalizers

I made pizza with a garlicky marinara sauce for dinner tonight, and while sending the children in to bed, told my six-year-old to look at me. He took my face in his hands and put his nose on mine.

"I don't want to yell at you tonight, so you need to stay in bed," I began, hoping to make some sort of dent in the "going-to-bed" battle we fight every night.

He took a step back. "You need some Colgate to make your breath smell good," he told me before running down the hall.

2 comments:

Marcia Mickelson said...

My five-year old son says that to me all the time. "I don't like the smell of your mouth" or "what's that smell?" He thinks everyone has bad breath.

Unknown said...

Kids are just too cute . . . and painfully honest. So do you have Colgate or are you a Crest girl?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...