Thursday, May 24, 2007

Sprecken Vu What?

I do not speak German. I speak a smattering of Spanish, a little bit of Russian, and I can pull off a pretty decent Pig Latin, given a minute to think about it. But I do not speak German, with the exception of being able to count to four, which I learned from the beer drinking song in "The Student Prince," a favorite old movie of mine.

Somehow or another, the settings on our Internet got changed to allow for German. (Okay, I know how it happened -- my husband did it.) Google took that to mean that it should display everything in German. Which I don't speak.

I spent about three hours last night fuming at my husband, thinking he'd purposely told the computer to function in German. When he got up, I immediately told him to fix it, to find that he'd set it to allow for German, not to run everything in German. I forgave him and felt bad for some of the mean things I'd been thinking.

The point to this long ramble? Don't mess with my computer. Just don't do it.

1 comment:

Karlene said...

I have a couple of kids missing fingers because they messed with the settings on my PC. J/K. But I did get really annoyed with them.

If you mess with my Mac, I know how to fix it. If you mess with my PC, I don't have a clue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...