Monday, May 28, 2007

fhgicnchhiu

I wish to start a movement across Blogland. Down with word verification!

I don't know if I'm just exceptionally stupid, or if there's something wrong with my eyes, or if I'm incapable of typing nonsense words. Whatever the reason, I can't seem to type in those letters in the correct order to save my life.

(You might argue that being able to type in those letters never would save my life. But when you're as addicted to the Internet and blogging as I am, you'll immediately recognize the urgency of being able to post comments and agree with me.)

It's bad enough that they want you to put in completely incomprehensible words, like "gnufu" and "hyuaknci." No -- then they have to squish them all together and put them in italics. After you fail the first test, they pat you on the head and call you stupid, and give you another chance. I never realized an automated computer response could be so patronizing.

I've taken the word verification off my site, and so far, nothing terrible has happened to me. Is anyone else brave enough to give it a try?

1 comment:

Framed said...

I agree. I hate word verification and it hates me. And I swear one of these days I'm going to take it off my blogs. Maybe today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...