Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Weird Wednesday Writing Exercises (part two)

I don't know how many of you tried the writing exercise I posted last week -- it was pretty weird. Well, I did warn you! Weirdness notwithstanding, I think it helped to prove my point that you can use anything to spark a writing idea. There is no such thing as a dirth of ideas -- it's just a matter of being open to them.

Here's another idea for this week:

Turn on your television. Take the main character from the first commercial you see, and the main character from the second commerical. Write a scene where they are having a conversation.

3 comments:

Heather Moore said...

Tristi, You are a riot!

Tristi Pinkston said...

I seek to make life interesting!

Karen said...

Thanks for the birthday song! You sound great:)

This looks like a fun exercise, I think I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Don't watch much TV, but #2 son is home sick so I can keep him company and do some writing:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...