Monday, November 10, 2014

Call for Submissions: Hope for Mothers Who Have Miscarried Anthology - UPDATED

This is a repost of a call for submissions I issued some time ago. Several of the original contributors dropped out because they got busy with other commitments, so I'm in search of more. Please read and see if you'd like to participate.

Hi everyone,

I've been thinking about this for a long time ... five months, in fact, since I miscarried in October. When I lost my baby, many friends came forward and offered me hope and comfort, sharing stories of things they'd learned through their own miscarriages. And, being an author, I immediately started to think about putting together a book of stories about miscarriage that would, hopefully, comfort those who have experienced this loss. That's how I process things sometimes - by putting it in the context of writing a book about it. It helps me emotionally when I can put things into a framework - kind of an odd way of making sense of my life. But back in October, I wasn't ready. It was too soon.

But now I am ready, and so I'm putting out a call for submissions. If you have experienced a miscarriage and would like to share your story and the lessons you learned from it or the tender mercies that came along with it, I invite you to pop me a note at tristipinkston@gmail.com. All stories must be received by November 30, 2014. This will be an anthology of stories, each submission not to exceed 5,000 words, and as the book's purpose is to bring comfort to the reader, each story must conclude with a message of hope. Submit your story in Word, Times New Roman 12, double-spaced. Please contact me now so I know to expect your story, and then submit the story by November 30. Not all submitted stories will be accepted.

All editing and production will be handled by me. No royalties will be paid on this book, but all the contributing authors can purchase as many books as they like at the author price and resell them to friends, family, on their websites, at book signing events, etc, keeping 100% of the proceeds they make. I will post the book on Amazon and Kindle so I can recoup my time and costs for editing and production.

I understand that not everyone is comfortable with sharing their story and that not everyone has been able to find hope within their own situation to share with others. Additionally, some experiences are too sacred to share, so this call is for those who do feel urged to tell their stories. It's a very personal decision to do so. And I wish to state that I'm not doing this as a money-making venture, aside from recouping costs from the production of the book. My main wish is that women who have experienced loss might find peace and comfort by reading the journeys of other women. Any money I make above the costs of editing and production will be donated to The Christmas Box International. 

As one last note - if you'd like to read a fantastic book discussing miscarriage from an LDS perspective, I highly recommend Lost Children: Coping with Miscarriage for Latter-day Saints by R.J. Christensen. 

3 comments:

Keeley said...

I was unaware that you had miscarried. My heart goes out to you - I am so sorry for your loss. It's a deeply heartrending experience. I pray the Lord will lift and comfort you.

Deena said...

Tristi, is this an LDS perspective? I've written my story, but it is definitely from an LDS point of view.

Tristi Pinkston said...

Some are, and some aren't - I'd love to take a look at it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...