Sunday, August 12, 2012

My Personal Experiences at LDSBA

Thanks for joining me for this three-part series about LDSBA. To learn more about the LDSBA and to see what I got to do on Thursday this last week, click here.  To see what I did on Friday, click here.

This year, I attended LDSBA in three capacities. I was there as a blogger (see two previous posts), I was there as a reviewer for the AML (stay tuned for book reviews), and I was there as an author. I'd now like to share with you some highlights from my week that pertain to my author life.


The first thing I did when I reached the convention was to check in with my publisher and let them know I was there. I was really happy (okay, yes, I did squeal and jump up and down) when I saw that my book cover had been chosen to be the featured poster at the booth, all lit up from behind and everything. That pretty much made the weekend for me.


One of my favorite things about LDSBA is the chance it gives me to see my friends. L-R: author Andrea Pearson, me, Kathy Gordon of Covenant Communications, author Traci Hunter Abramson, and author Julie Wright. Some of the best ladies on the planet.


I got to meet artist James Christensen - a huge thrill for me. I forget exactly what he was saying when this picture was taken, but he kept making me laugh the whole time we were talking. He signed this print just for me.


I also got to see my good friend Josi Kilpack, who was celebrating another great book release.


And I got to meet Richard Paul Evans. That was very fun. It was made even more fun when I was able to take his new book home to my son, who is a huge fan.


I also got to meet Kathy, one of my favorite bloggers, after years of knowing her online.
(Photo courtesy of Heather Gardner)



Then I did my signing for Turning Pages, my latest novel. I had a great time telling people about it, and of course, showing off my light-up poster.


I shared my signing with author Jenni James, and we had a lot of fun!


I always have such a great time at LDSBA, and I can't wait for next year!






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...