Friday, August 05, 2011

Hang 'Em High Hoedown Day #5: Bubba Goes National by Jennifer Walker

Hi there!


Welcome to the Hang 'Em High Hoedown, where we are counting down the days to my book launch with fun prizes!

When: Saturday, August 13th, 12 – 4 pm
Where: Pioneer Book, 858 S. State, Orem
Prizes, games, Dutch oven cobbler (first come, first served)
I will be joined by authors 
Nichole GilesHeather Justesen,
Cindy Hogan, and J. Lloyd Morgan

Today's contest post is going to start out with an apology.  I should have had this prize listed at 12:01 this morning, but I am a terrible slacker.  Actually, that's not the case.  I was at LDSBA yesterday, which is the trade show where all the vendors of LDS products display their wares to the stores, and the stores place their orders for the following shopping season.  It's a huge, awesome conference, and I'll post more pictures from it after this contest is over, but I do want to share one very important one right here:


That's right - I got to see Hang 'Em High for the very first time yesterday.  I signed 40 copies for book stores and had fun telling everyone about it.  Then I had a pile of work waiting for me when I got home, so I stayed up all night to finish it, and then fell flat on my face, and that is why I'm so terribly off schedule.  It's a sad, sad thing to be sure ...


But, to make up for it, we're going to keep this prize up through Monday, so there's enough exposure for it.  I don't want any sponsor to feel shorted on how much time they were given.


First of all, the winner of Harbor's End by Claudia Culmone is ...


PAM!!!!!

Secondly, you have until midnight MST tonight, Friday, to win Mark of Royalty by Jennifer Clark and Stephonie Williams.  Click here for details on how to win. 

Today's prize is Bubba Goes National by Jennifer Walker. 



When Leslie Clark found a purebred Arabian horse at the local livestock auction, she never dreamed he would soon take her to the National Championships.
Thirteen-year-old Leslie Clark has loved horses for as long as she can remember and has been riding since she was six. Although her widowed father cannot afford to give her everything she desires, she works hard to get what she wants. When what she wants, a great horse to show, is taken right out from under her by her rival, Kate Wellesley, Leslie thinks her whole world has been turned upside down–until she finds Lucky (nicknamed Bubba by her father, who thinks he is funny). Then, everything changes.
Readers of Bubba Goes National will be touched by an inspiring story, but they will also learn about the care and showing of horses while they read about Leslie’s adventures. Sandwiched in is a lesson that if one is willing to work hard, they can make their dreams come true. Bubba Goes National is the first of the Riders of Green Meadow  series, which will showcase horses that are unwanted by one person but are another’s dream come true.


You can win this fun pre-teen novel by doing the following:


1. Become a follower of this blog by clicking on the box on the left titled "People Who Think I'm Cool." If you are already a follower, you obviously can skip this step.

2. Visit Jennifer Walker's blog and subscribe by scrolling almost to the bottom on the left-hand sidebar and clicking on the subscribe button.  

3. Come back here and leave a comment on this post. Tell me that you're following me, you're following Jennifer, and tell me why you'd like to win her book.

4.  Special opportunity - if you would like more than one entry, tell your Facebook friends about the Hang 'Em High Hoedown, and link to my blog.  This will give you an additional entry.  Be sure to tell me in your comments that you have done this.

5.  If you would like another entry, grab the code for the Hang 'Em High button on my sidebar and put it on your blog.  Send me the URL where it appears so I can come see it blinking pretty at me.

You have until Monday night, August 8th, at midnight MST to enter. All entries will be uploaded to Random.org, and the winner will be notified via e-mail. If your e-mail is not visible on your Blogger profile, please include it in your comment so I can find you if you are the winner.

And don't forget to come back around on Monday ... that's right! There's a whole 'nother week of prizes coming up, so don't miss out!

3 comments:

Connie said...

Hi Tristi,
I'm following you and Jennifer. Your Hang 'Em High Hoedown is a lot of fun! Too bad I can't be to your book launch. My daughter is getting married on the 13th. She might not take kindly to my escape.
I have a few pre-teen grandchildren who would love "Bubba Goes National!"

Anna Maria Junus said...

Okay, I'm your follower, subscribed to Jennifer's blog, and I posted Hange Em High to my facebook and my blog. http://www.jennifersbookreviews.blogspot.com/

kayleen said...

i love mark of royalty... i would love to win a copy.. i have read it 3 time i think i my be wearing out the library's copy.

kayleen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...