What are you doing on May 14th? Do you want to join me in a not-to-be-missed writing marathon?
Here are the rules:
1. Sign up by e-mailing me with "marathon" in the subject line.
2. At noon on May 14th, start writing.
3. At midnight on May 14th, stop writing*.
Okay, so there's a little more to it than that. You can join for half the day, or just a few hours, if you're not able to commit to the full twelve. There will also be breaks throughout for snacks and other mortal body things that might be needed. I will post more details as we get closer, and I'll be in touch through e-mail.
The 14th is the perfect time to attempt a challenge of this nature - it's right after the Storymakers conference, and those of you who attend will be full of fire and overflowing with ideas. What better way to capture them than with twelve whole hours of writing?
To prepare, do the following:
1. Be thinking about what you want to write during the marathon. Jot down key words or phrases that will help you remember your ideas.
2. Plan some snacks you can put in the fridge to grab. Make sure they have enough nutrition in them to keep you going.
3. Talk to your spouse about your participation and make sure they're on board to support you.
4. Get lots of sleep the night before.
All righty! Mark it on your calendar, pop me an e-mail, and let's make some plans!
*Rumor has it, there may be some prizes involved.