Friday, February 18, 2011

Author Interview: Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen


Thanks for swinging by my blog for another author interview. Today I'm joined by Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen.  Ronda, thanks for taking time to hang out with me today!
Every author needs to be a reader as well.  What is your most favorite genre to read?
My favorite is romantic suspense. I love a good, intriguing plot to keep me reading through the novel, but at the same time, I’m always watching for the next romantic moment with the hero.  Ahh. To me, that’s perfection.
Every reader needs a really good snack to go along with their book.  What is your most favorite reading snack?


Reading is something I do when I have the chance, which usually happens at meal time when I’m alone. I suppose that means my favorite “snack” is a good meal—whatever that happens to be that day.
I have been guilty of mispronouncing your last name.  Will you forgive me, and do you get that a lot?
Hey, join the club! And don’t worry, I’m not offended. The spelling is a challenge, too. I often tell people, truthfully, I had to learn how to spell my last name when I first got married. For those who’re interested, you say it like: Hine-rick-son.
You've published two books so far.  Do you like one of them over the other? 
Both books are very different from each other, so I like each for different reasons. My current goal is to write in both the LDS and the national markets, so that’s why MISSING is LDS and TRAPPED is a paranormal/fantastical book.  But my favorite between the two would have to be TRAPPED because to me, it was more imaginative, exciting, and romantic. I was also able to put more of my love of scriptural symbolism into it.  MISSING is more emotional (another thing I like), and has an easier time connecting with readers. After all, who doesn’t wish they could save a missing child?
     
Do you know when you'll be publishing your third? Any hints as to what it's about?
No, I’m sorry. I don’t know when my next novel will be published. I am furiously writing it, however, and I’ll let you know when I find out. I can tell you it is a historical romantic suspense that takes place in 1850 and has LDS characters.
A historical romantic suspense ... now that sounds awesome!
You can visit Ronda at her website or her blog. You can purchase Missing here, and Trapped here. And, because links are fun, you can read my review of Trapped here.
Thanks for being my special guest today, Ronda!
You're very welcome! And one more thing - during the month of February, 2011, I’m celebrating “Library Lovers Month.” If you purchase a copy of MISSING or TRAPPED during the month of February, please send me a copy of your receipt to my email address at rondagibbhinrichsen@gmail.com, and I’ll enter you in a drawing to have a free copy of TRAPPED sent to the school or community library of your choice.

2 comments:

VICTORIA SAAVEDRA said...

Another great interview! These look so good!

Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen said...

Thanks for inviting me to visit with you today, Tristi. I had a great time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...