Friday, July 30, 2010

Out of the Mouths of Babes ...

My mom is five feet tall, and my kids have noticed the difference between her size and that of other adults. Every so often, they make a comment that just cracks me up. Like today, for instance ...

5-year-old came running over to the couch. I boosted him up to sit on my lap, and I said, "You are growing so much."

"You're growing too, Mom," he said.

"No, I'm not. I'm as big as I'm going to get."

"Why?" he asked. "Is your grower broken?"

I chuckled over that, and then chuckled more when the 9-year-old chimed in. "Yeah, Mom. Is your grower broken, like Grandma's?"

3 comments:

Jolene Perry said...

I just LOVE how kids phrase things. It's just straight to the point.

mormonhermitmom said...

That's a good one!

Danyelle Ferguson said...

I love the things kids say! Well, most of the time. The other day, my ten year old told me I was getting rather chubby. Now that's a comment I could live without! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...