Monday, May 03, 2010

Pendragon's Book Binding

I'm falling behind in my blogging - I have a lot of pictures to post from various different things, and I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But this - this I shall post right now because I'm so blown away.

I've known Pendragon for a long time and have always been impressed by her fun sense of humor, great writing style, and compassion for others. But she's recently started a new business, and I got a box in the mail today. Allow me to show you what was inside.


These are handsewn journals in two sizes - small and large. In my favorite colors, no less. Notice how the small one has a little charm that says "valor?" Yeah, they're absolutely full of little special touches.


This is a close-up of the small journal. The gray binding has a suede texture and just feels good to hold.


This is the larger journal, and the binding is done with this nice brown leather. Notice the strip that comes around from front to back to hold it closed - it's fastened with a dot of Velcro, but you can't see that from the outside. The gorgeous metal embellishment looks like it's doing that job.

Now look at how gorgeous the inside pages are - there are colored separation pages, and a coordinating ribbon. In fact, two coordinating ribbons, equally spaced in the book.

I am absolutely in love with my books. Why? Well, lemme break it down:

1. No one else in the whole world has my books. These are mine ... mine, mine, mine! Because these books are custom-made to order, I know that I have the only book just like this. If you visit Pendragon's Book Binding website, which you should, you'll see a set that looks just like mine on the order page ... well, guess what ... it is mine. That picture was taken before my set was shipped.

2. These books are made by hand. Painstakingly. Artistically. This is an art form and I feel honored to hold such a fine creation in my hands.

3. They are absolutely beautiful, and very high-quality. These are appropriate for gift-giving to even the most hard-to-please mother-in-law.

I just wish I'd gotten on the bandwagon a little earlier so I could point you all this direction for Mother's Day. But there are birthdays, anniversaries, Christmases ... and as these journals are also excellent gifts for men, you could certainly order them for your Father's Day gift needs.

Here is the contact information for Pendragon's Book Binding:

700blankpages.com
Pendragon@700blankpages.com

You should go check out the site just for how cool it is. You can read about the bookmaking process from start to finish and see how it's all done.

4 comments:

Valerie Ipson said...

Beautiful work, Pendragon!

Jenn Adams said...

Hear, hear!! I <3 mine, too!! Aren't they awesome???

Cindy R. Williams said...

First time I have heard of these. I think I best look into them. Thanks!

Ann Best said...

A very informative blog!!

I'm trying to get a grip on blogging - who to follow. You can't follow everyone. It can become overwhelming to the point you're not getting any writing (or anything else) done.

But I will be back to yours. I want to make more connections with the LDS community, through blogging and reading their books (recently read Ghost Waves and No Going Back) since I'm LDS and have a novel (with Mormon characters) under contract in editing with WiDo Publishing. This comment should take you to my blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...