Saturday, June 06, 2009

Summer Reading Thing

So I was looking over my Summer Reading Thing list and I thought to myself, what an anemic attempt. So I'm giving myself a shot in the arm and attacking this thing with my usual Holy Cow!! Let's Read Books! kind of vigor. I've been informed by persons smarter than myself that I'll only get linked in on LDS fiction books I've read, but the thing is this - I already read LDS fiction pretty voraciously, and if this is a challenge, then I need to be expanding my horizons. So pretty much I'll only get linked in on one book. That's okay, though.

Here is my new, improved, updated, vitamin-fortified list for the Summer Reading Thing:

1. Code Talker by Joseph Bruchac - completed (see review here)

2. Delta Wedding by Eudora Welty - didn't finish (see review here)

3. Breaking the Surface by Greg Louganis - completed (see review here)

4. The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell - didn't finish (see review here)

5. Master by Toni Sorenson

6. Or Give Me Death by Ann Rinaldi - completed (see review here)

7. The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot - completed (see review here)

8. Quest for a Maid by Frances Mary Hendry

9. Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh - completed (see review here)

10. Supernanny by Jo Frost - completed (see review here)

11. The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King - completed (see review here)

12. Sarah's Ground by Ann Rinaldi - completed (see review here)

13. The Butterfly House by Marcia Preston - completed (see review here)

14. Over Her Dead Body by Kate White - didn't finish (see review here)

15. All the Stars in Heaven by Michele Paige Holmes - completed (see review here)

16. Just the Way You Are by Katie Parker - completed (see review here)

17. A Modest Proposal by Michele Ashman Bell- completed (see review here)

There! That feels like a challenge a little more worthy of the title. I'll keep you apprised of my progress.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun reading!

Luisa Perkins said...

Oooh, I loved The Sparrow and Quest for a Maid! What a great list.

Cindy Beck, author said...

Whoa ... you are a woman with more courage than I, to tackle a summer reading list that long! :)

Karlene said...

I loved Gift from the Sea! Read it as part of a book club a few years ago. I think I have an extra copy around here somewhere. If you want it let me know.

Tristi Pinkston said...

Thanks, Karlene! I picked it up at the library, so I'm good to go.

Julie Wright said...

Great list! Have fun!

ali cross said...

LOL, love that vitamin fortified list. You GO girl!

As for me, I'm not reading ANY of the books you've got listed. I haven't joined any official summer reading thingy, but I have lots of books to read, starting wtih The Mortal Instruments trilogy. Research, ya know ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...