Monday, May 04, 2009

Favorite Pictures from the Conference

We continue our look at the LDStorymakers Writers Conference last weekend by browsing through my pictures. I'm not going to post all of them - first, for space reasons and second, because some of them aren't so flattering and third, because you can see all of them and many more by clicking here, but these are my favorites.

This is my posse from Boot Camp. Front row: Jewel, Ashley, Steph, Monique. Back row: Lori, Don, Me, Ginger. We were the Fun Side.

One of the best things about the conference is meeting up with old friends and making new ... and sometimes, meeting new friends you feel you've known forever. This is Kimberly from the blog Temporary? Insanity. I've been reading her blog for a long time, and meeting her in person rocked.

Equally as cool was meeting Luisa of Novembrance.

And Laura, who is LexiconLuvr, and Stephanie Black ... who doesn't have a way mysterious blog name, and who I've actually met before. But that doesn't keep her from being cool!

Here is the rockin' 2009 conference committee. Seriously, the whole thing came together beautifully and there's a lot of hard work and dedication represented on that stage.

Time to pass on the torch ... or in this case, the Goblet of Fire. Jaime Theler and I were chosen to be the conference chairs for 2010. Here we are with the Goblet, waving our magic wands of power. Oh, and believe me, they are very powerful.

My handsome honey came to the Whitneys. It's always so fun whenever I get to show him off - he's usually home with the kids while I'm at the conference, and it was nice to be together and introduce him to everyone.

Jaime and I are so excited about next year ... we're already brimming with ideas. I think we took a whole thirty seconds off (although it may have only been twenty-five) and we're excited to do our part to make the 2010 conference the best ever. We've got some pretty big shoes to fill but we're ready for the challenge.

6 comments:

Nichole Giles said...

It was definitely an awesome conference. I'm already looking forward to next year, even though I get so see some people (ahem) every week.

See you Tuesday!

Nichole

* said...

great conference picts. Looks like a lot of fine writers, bloggers, and people in general. You are in good company! ;)

Annette Lyon said...

The conference is in very good hands. Can't wait for next year!

Kate said...

Thanks so much for doing the live blogging during the Whitney Awards. It was fun for the whole family at my house.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I'm doing an internal happy dance for having made it to the top like this. I would dance externally too, but then I might throw up on your blog. It's been that kind of day.

You're even sweeter and funnier in person, Tristi, it was such a joy to meet you!

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Great pics, Tristi! It was so wonderful to see you. I wish we could have sat down and talked for several hours just you, me, and Heather! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...