Thursday, February 14, 2008

Winter Reading Challenge Wrap-Up


First off, my thanks to Karlene for hosting this challenge. It's always fun for me to focus my reading and hopefully point people to even more great book choices. I'm like a kid in a candy store when it comes to books -- so many things to choose from, but not knowing which ones really taste good.

I found my list changing quite a bit, due to the Whitney Awards. I'm on the Academy this year and get to cast my vote for those books I feel merit this type of recognition. I went into my reading list and switched out several titles for others on the Whitney list, the upshot being that many books I've been meaning to get to for a while have gone by the wayside, yet again. I will get to them, I promise!

You know, it's interesting to me as I've read reviews by others who are reading the Whitney finalists. We all have such differing opinions, I'm hard put to even guess who will win. I know who I'm voting for, but it was hard for me to choose, too. Some categories, there was a clear winner (in my opinion) and in other categories, there were so many incredible contenders, it could go either way. It just makes me glad that we have so many titles available to us in the world -- we all have such different reading tastes, and there's something for everyone.

My list of reviews for this challenge will remain on my sidebar for about a month. Go click to your heart's content and see what I thought of my reading selections this time around.

3 comments:

Karlene said...

You're done. Wow! I'm impressed--there's still a month to go for the rest of us. But, yea you!

I know what you mean about the Whitneys. I've been reading them too and will post some reviews as soon as I'm done. Sometimes I find it incredulous that people can really, truly love a book that I really, truly hated. But I guess it's that diversity that makes life interesting.

Anyway, we'll have to compare notes after the awards ceremony.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Hey Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you survived the blizzard.

Karlene said...

Thanks so much for participating in the challenge. I got the wrap-up post up this morning and went ahead and linked you in.

I'll be doing a Summer Challenge June 20th. Hope you'll join me again for that one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...