Thursday, December 27, 2007

Professionalism, Prayer, and Persnicketism

I found myself in a situation the other day that I didn't want to be in. I'm not going to go into a lot of detail, but I will say that I didn't know what to do because I didn't want my career to override my beliefs, but at the same time, I'm a fair-minded person. It was a question of the ultimate right. Do I support a person's freedom to think for themselves, even when they may end up choosing to believe something different from what I believe? Free agency is one of our most priceless possessions. A war was fought in Heaven so that we might have the ability to choose. Christ died for us so that we might choose to repent and be forgiven. I mulled over the consequences for a while, prayed about it, and decided to proceed. I had to trust that God would make it all turn out okay, and He did. I'm breathing a sigh of relief right now. I was able to maintain my professionalism without sacrificing my beliefs.

And thanks for letting me share, even if I didn't share a whole lot. I feel better now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Tristi! Did I miss this one...? Seems like I should know more of what you're talking about, but I'm not sure.

We're always blessed for choosing the right. And yes... we often have to watch others make even devastating choices. It can be hard.

Hold on tight, as always.

Tristi Pinkston said...

Don't worry about feeling in the dark . . . :) I was purposely vague for the sake of involved individuals.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Nothing like putting an experience into words to sort it out properly. =)

Anonymous said...

And at the end of all your emotional and mental work, you've added a great new word to the lexicon:

Persnicketism

I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...