Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tristi's First Annual Writing Marathon Announced!

Hey there,

What are you doing on May 14th?  Do you want to join me in a not-to-be-missed writing marathon?

Here are the rules:


1.  Sign up by e-mailing me with "marathon" in the subject line. 


2.  At noon on May 14th, start writing.  


3.  At midnight on May 14th, stop writing*.

Okay, so there's a little more to it than that.  You can join for half the day, or just a few hours, if you're not able to commit to the full twelve.  There will also be breaks throughout for snacks and other mortal body things that might be needed.  I will post more details as we get closer, and I'll be in touch through e-mail.

The 14th is the perfect time to attempt a challenge of this nature - it's right after the Storymakers conference, and those of you who attend will be full of fire and overflowing with ideas.  What better way to capture them than with twelve whole hours of writing?

To prepare, do the following:

1.  Be thinking about what you want to write during the marathon.  Jot down key words or phrases that will help you remember your ideas.

2.  Plan some snacks you can put in the fridge to grab. Make sure they have enough nutrition in them to keep you going.

3.  Talk to your spouse about your participation and make sure they're on board to support you.

4.  Get lots of sleep the night before.

All righty! Mark it on your calendar, pop me an e-mail, and let's make some plans!

*Rumor has it, there may be some prizes involved.

15 comments:

Cheri Chesley said...

You're on, lady! I've already set aside May to write The Lost Princess, and this will fit right into my schedule.

The only sad thing is I'll miss Storymakers this year. Sigh.

Our Stories God's Glory said...

Oh I just love this idea. Unfortunately, I cannot join you this time, but what an intriguing, inspiring writing marathon/retreat. Good luck!

mormonhermitmom said...

Oh if only! I have to camp with my Webelos son the night before and my hubby is gone for a while and I don't dare leave the kids to themselves, (shudder). LOL Sounds like fun though. Would an hour count?

Jordan McCollum said...

Ugh. Remember how I said I'd be all over this?

I do this all the time: volunteer for big ol' writeathons when I DON'T HAVE A WIP.

Maybe this can be remedied—but only if I've hit my April goals!

Pitterle Postings said...

I am working, or I would love too. I think I could commit to a few hours anyway, I am going to start thinking about what I could be writing. There are so many things that I want to say.

Kristi said...

This is such a cool idea! (But I'm a total wuss about committing...LOL).

I really just popped by to tell you I finished your book Secret Sisters and absolutely LOVED it. Review coming soon, but couldn't wait to tell you how fun it was to read and how much I loved all the characters! Ida Mae was by far my favorite. ;P

Chantele Sedgwick said...

What a fun idea! I'll have to see if the hubby would be on board. He owes me though after going to school for 5 years! (He graduates Friday! Squee!!) So I think it's safe to say that I'm going to sign up. I have a YA dystopian that is begging to be written! :D

kbrebes said...

Waiting for dear daughter's baby to come....if not, then I'm writing!

Donna K. Weaver said...

So that gives us until noon to get all our Saturday chores done, huh? ;)

Tamara said...

I'm in. This is just what I needed. You rock, Tristi!

Jessica L. Celaya said...

Yay! I'm excited to have a writing marathon!

Betsy Love said...

Count me in!!!! I'm excited. I'll be writing, writing, writing! Unless, of course, my editor sends me edits.

. said...

I'm in!

Betsy Love said...

Thanks Tristi, for this great event! but Annual? This should be a month event...just sayin' I'm having a blast and it is sooooooooooo motivating. I have an idea, how about if we take turns hosting a monthly event?

Betsy Love said...

Thanks, Tristi! That was a blast.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...